Executive Vice President Job Search Begins
Position: Executive Vice President, Chamber of Commerce and Area Economic Development
Position Type: Exempt (Salaried)
Reports To: Chairs of the Board of Directors, Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce (MPACC) and Mount Pleasant Area Development Commission (MPADC)
The Executive Vice President (EVP) aggressively promotes economic growth for Mount Pleasant and Henry County through the support of existing businesses, the recruitment of new businesses, assistance in recruiting workers for area employers, and the development of quality-of-life amenities for the community and county. This position is a dual role position between the Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce and the Mount Pleasant Area Development Commission. Together the position is 40 hours per week combined.
MPACC Position Responsibilities: 20 hours/week
- Coordinate and organize the employees and volunteers of the organizations
- Carry out all policies and programs established by the Board of Directors of the MPACC.
- Coordinate the planning, developing and execution of the annual MPACC “Program of Work”
- Administer the Henry County Tourism program.
- Promote and encourage citizen involvement in the activities of the Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce through frequent public contacts and full utilization of the area media.
- Ensure, through close working relationships, the involvement/support of the local, state and federal government.
- Lead community initiatives to address challenges affecting the business community.
- Plan, organize and manage the Henry County Leadership program.
- Oversee and coordinate the maintenance and use of the MPACC properties.
- Oversee all financial matters including accounts payable, receivables, payroll, and others.
- Administer the business affairs of the organizations.
- Prepare and submit to the annual budget.
MPADC Position Responsibilities: 20 hours/week
- Coordinate all inquiries concerning potential industrial development, expansion of area business, and/or matters pertaining to economic growth.
- Administer the work of the Henry County Industrial Development Corp including land acquisition and real estate transactions.
- Coordinate all workforce issues with area employers, schools, and other entities to attract workers to our community.
- Develop a close working relationship with key stakeholders for the organization included but not limited to city councils, mayors, county supervisors, other economic development officials, legislators, and local business & industry leaders.
- Work with government partners and local developers to address housing needs in the county.
- Coordinate the planning, developing and execution of the annual MPADC “Program of Work”
- Manage compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as MPADC policies.
- Responsible for preparing and overseeing compliance to the annual MPADC budget.
- Responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the MPADC as well as preparation of financial reports.
- Preparation of written and oral quarterly and annual presentations for investors in the MPADC.
- Oversee all financial matters including accounts payable, receivables, and other financial duties.
- Coordinate annual business reviews with area business leaders to ensure current businesses and leaders needs are supported.
Education and Experience Summary:
- Four-year degree in Business, Economics, Regional Planning or other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in chamber, economic development or regional planning.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with dynamic priorities.
- Detail oriented with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate not only within network circle, but also with state and federal lawmakers.
- Ability to work with and coordinate dynamic personalities.
- Results oriented with the ability to drive sound business decisions.
- Office setting for most of the day.
- Community oriented environment with the ability to meet many community members daily.
Hours and Travel:
- This is a salaried full-time position with an expectation of on average 20+ hours a week for MPACC and 20+ hours per week on MPADC, unless agreed upon otherwise.
- 10-15% travel may be required.
- Daily County travel should be expected.
Send letter of interest and resume electronically to the Search Committee at email@example.com